City Nature Challenge 2022 is still going on, to keep events COVID safe please wear a mask if you need to go indoors and keep 2 meters away outside. You can always participate on your own by taking pictures and posting them to iNaturalist or you can verify pictures others have taken from the comfort of your home!
This year our partners are offering in-person events! Check back here regularly to see what events you can join.
What you’ll need:
- Phone/ tablet / laptop / camera
- iNaturalist.ca account
- Saturday April 30, Pond Dipping - Griffith Woods. Time TBD. Registration will be required. Partner: Nature Calgary
If you have plans to head out in a small group here are some precautionary measures that should be taken:
- Stay home if you are feeling under the weather!
- Wash your hands before, during, and after adventuring!! Bring sanitizer for you and your group!
- Avoid physical contact and do not cluster! Always exercise a minimum of 2 meters from strangers and give your group members space to breath (you'll also be able to cover more ground!)
- Do not share: binoculars, scopes, guidebooks, magnifying glasses, cameras, and especially phones.
- Air-cheers binoculars or air high-fives for cool sightings and greetings
If you're looking for more information about organizing a community event, we can help guide you through the process with information to get you and your group outside safely! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about collaborative opportunities.